SET1 d1t01. The Music Never Stopped d1t02. Sugaree d1t03. Mama Tried d1t04. Row Jimmy d1t05. Big River d1t06. High Time d1t07. //Looks Like Rain d1t08. Brown-Eyed Women d1t09. Lazy Lightnin' > d1t10. Supplication d2t01. Friend of the Devil d2t02. Promised Land
SET2 d2t03. //Samson and Deliah d2t04. Might As // Well d2t05. Let It Grow > d2t06. Drums > d2t07. Let It Grow Reprise > d2t08. Cosmic Charlie d3t01. St. Stephen > d3t02. Not Fade Away > d3t03. St. Stephen Reprise d3t04. Dancin in the Streets > d3t05. The Wheel d3t06. Johnny B. Goode
1. Tracking redone to coincide with start of songs (crowd noise & tuning attached to prior track)
2. Some sections of crowd noise had been removed between songs on the source cds
3. Minor flaws typical of aud tapes not noted (soundfield changes from crowd standing/sitting, occasional very brief skips/drop outs)
4. shntool confirms tracks cut on sectors
5. Analysis shows that this is the Moore source with channels flipped. You would prefer it:
June 25, 2009 Subject:
Classic '76 Show
This is a well-played, mellow show that really rips it up! Great setlist, great tunes--all good!
June 23, 2009 Subject:
best sounding for shure! ...for now
I have to toot my own horn for a second and say, I am an audiophile and musician with an ear for recordings. I've taped many shows and hung out with "picky" dead tapers all over the west coast.
So I say confidently that the other copies of this show don't sound nearly as clean!! With crisp vocals that blend with the band, JERRY not overpowering the treble! (like in some 70s AUD shows), and not too warm making it hard to hear all the instruments.
Don't bother with the Charlie Miller, unless you like that clunky mid-range sound with buried vocals; and the Moore source isn't as consistent in clarity throughout.
Only good thing with the Moore source(which this recording is certainly not)is that it's whole, no cuts. If you had taken that audio and cleaned up the missing cuts on LL Rain, S&D, and Might Ass Well then this would be the best source up here! I may do that if someone doesn't....
But where is the SBD anyway? this show wasn't on any official releases was it...?